Vitcas Heat Resistant Sealant is a ready mixed high temperature sealing and caulking paste for use in fixing and jointing as well as for fire protection.
- Ready Mixed Sealing Compound
- Strong adhesive properties at all temperatures
- Resistant to 1300°C / 2370°F
- Asbestos Free
- For use in fixing and joining as well as for fire protection
- sealing or fixing ceramics, glass and metal
- installing vermiculite insulation boards
- sealing other silica based materials
- Make sure the area is clean and that all dirt, dust, rust and grease is removed.
- Cut off the top of the cartridge, screw on the nozzle and cut the nozzle to the required size.
- Apply using a cartridge gun and aim for a thin joint of 2 – 3mm.
- The material will set at room temperatures but the time will be reduced by applying heat, gradually increasing over a four hour period.
- The natural colour is off-white / beige when dry but the sealant can be sanded and overpainted.